Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How does a Mother of 3 run a marathon?

I am running a marathon (did I mention that?) I have 3 kids and a full time job. One thing that helps is that my kids are all in school. I work a retail job this also allows me to go to the gym before work being that I do not need to be there until 945 usually. Cameron is on the bus at 755 I am out the door at 8 I run 3 miles at the gym and then I get ready for work. On the days that I am off I will run a trail or I run the track while Cayden is at baseball practice. Today I was off and I ran with a friend and her boot camp class, we ran at Mt. Tabor in Portland Oregon (what a beautiful place). We had a blast. After that we went to a great little cafĂ© in SE Portland. We ate a much needed breakfast, it was delicious. I am a little sore today and I am sure it will be worse tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be running forest park and I am looking forward to that. Having support from my family has really helped too. The boys are all supportive and that carries me along. I am going to continue putting one foot in front of the other. That’s all I have for now. Keep on running.

2 comments:

:corinne: said...

Yep keep on running girlfriend! I'm cheering you on all the way from So Cal. Hey, I remember when I ran my half marathon, I was so much more happier and chipper. It was the endorphins. you'll find this happening as you continue to add miles to your running schedule. Once those endorphins kick in, it even motivates you more to get out there and run!

Jess Stevens said...

you are AWESOME! you totally inspire me. tonight happens to be my first meeting for the team I'll be training with for my half marathon. I am so excited for you, please keep updating, I'd love to know how you are doing.