Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Physical Therapy

Today I went to Physical therapy to figure what is going on with my left leg. I have not been able to run for 3 weeks now. I injured my left hip flexor. This is very common with people in my age group He told me that as you age your tendons get brittle. Well isn't that a delight? Gee Wiz! Anyway a little stretching and the start of a new walking program I should be able to run again in no time. I will be taking it easy though. The problem was I ran too far too fast instead of gradually moving up. I have learned a lesson and look forward to the healing process! Just an update to anyone who reads I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

cathy said...

hey Jen, I'm sorry you are hurting. We aren't supposed to get old right? Aren't we still in high school, able to run, jump, squat, without hurting or thinking it might hurt later?? Please keep us updated on how you feel. I miss "running" with you through your blog. I was feeling fit and energetic through you!! :)